It has been a nice couple of months to have this amazing content to work from. Here is an overview of all 13 rules in one place with a link to each of my posts about them.
General Colin Powell’s Thirteen Rules in review:
- It ain’t as bad as you think. It will look better in the morning.
- Get mad, then get over it.
- Avoid having your ego so close to your position that when your position falls, your ego goes with it.
- It can be done!
- Be careful what you choose. You may get it.
- Don’t let adverse facts stand in the way of a good decision.
- You can’t make someone else’s choices. You shouldn’t let someone else make yours.
- Check small things.
- Share credit.
- Remain calm. Be kind.
- Have a vision. Be demanding.
- Don’t take counsel of your fears or naysayers. (Part 1) (Part 2)
- Perpetual optimism is a force multiplier.